Welcome to our weekly digest on public meetings and agenda items worthy of your attention in the next week. This guide is part of our mission to provide everyday Riversiders like you with the information to speak up on the issues you care about.
City Council will meet in closed and open sessions on Tuesday, February 6, 2024, at 1:00 p.m. (agenda). The agenda includes:
- A proclamation honoring Cosme Cordova, founder of the Dia De Los Muertos celebration, for his 20 years of service in Riverside.
- Final adoption of Title 20 updates to the Municipal Code.
- Formal acceptance of $11,104,807 from the US Department of Transportation for comprehensive updates to South Main St. that include improved and completed sidewalks, zippered parking down the center of the street, and other improvements designed to slow traffic and improve pedestrian safety.
- A review of the Riverside County Transportation Commission's 2024 Traffic Relief Plan, which includes ideas like improving the 91 and Tyler St. interchange and widening Van Buren Boulevard from Wood Road to the 91.
- Considering approving $1,078,205 for hiring outside attorneys or hiring five new staff members in the City Attorney's office to represent the City in a case filed by five City employees who claim harassment and discrimination.
Governmental Processes Committee
The Governmental Processes Committee meets on Wednesday, February 7, at 3:30 p.m. (agenda) to review the timeline for forming a Charter Review Committee to consider Charter updates regarding Mayor and City Council compensation for possible placement on the November ballot.
Mobility and Infrastructure Committee
The Mobility and Infrastructure Committee meets on Thursday, February 8, at 1:00 p.m. (agenda) to review the Public Works Department's list of future railway underpass project priority in this order: Madison St., Spruce St., Jackson St., Mary St., and Tyler St.
The Airport Commission meets on Thursday, February 8, at 3:00 p.m. (agenda).