Welcome to our weekly digest on public meetings and agenda items worthy of your attention in the next week. This guide is part of our mission to provide everyday Riversiders like you with the information to speak up on the issues you care about.
Inclusiveness, Community Engagement, and Governmental Processes Committee
The Inclusiveness, Community Engagement, and Governmental Processes Committee meets Wednesday, November 1, at 3:30 p.m. (agenda) to:
- Consider a potential low-income assistance program that includes trash pickup fees in the City's existing Sharing Households Assist Riverside’s Energy (SHARE) program and
- Hear a proposal that would reduce the number of City Council meetings to no more than three per month.
Economic Development, Placemaking, and Branding/ Marketing Committee
The Economic Development, Placemaking, and Branding/Marketing Committee meets on Thursday, November 3, at 3:00 p.m. (agenda) to:
- Review $199,616 in planned donations to local non-profit organizations and events through the first half of 2024 through the City Sponsorship Program,
- Review the Naming Rights Sponsorship Asset Inventory and Valuation Report, which would allow the City to sell naming rights to public assets like the Convention Center and Main Library and
- Review proposed updates to the Local Preference and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise procurement policy expansion.
Board of Ethics
The Board of Ethics meets on Thursday, November 3, at 5:00 p.m. (agenda) for a pre-hearing on a Code of Ethics and Conduct complaint filed against Councilmember Cervantes for failure to disclose income and her misdemeanor guilty pleas for driving under the influence.